Sunday, February 18, 2018

Celebrate This Week: Hamilton Joy & Valentine Pics

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.

Sorry to be late to this week's celebration:

My celebrations for this week are overshadowed by the sadness of another school shooting and another funeral for a member of our small congregation. A friend's husband died after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer. I'm grateful for the friends who pitched in to help with the funeral luncheon (even though it seemed that most of our congregation was out of town for mid-winter break).

Our family was fortunate to have much coveted tickets to Hamilton on Saturday. I was blown away by this musical, even though I'd done little to prepare for the event. There were people all around me who knew all the lyrics.

As usual, I have to celebrate the grand boys!
This pic of Teddy & Mama was taken awhile back, 
but my son shared it on Valentine's Day.
Teddy on Valentine's Day
Jack & Mama on Valentine's Day
Grandma requested this pic
of Jack & Dad beside the seed pods of the magnolia.
I can see these bright red seed pods from my kitchen sink.
I love that splash of red against the green in the winter.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You saw Hamilton! That is awesome. Maybe someday I can. People stayed the night to line up for tickets here & got on line for a chance, some saying they were in the thousandth place. Ha! Love the pics of the boys, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the loss in your congregation. We have several in my church in various stages of the battle with cancer. It is sad when we lose someone who means so much.

    That last pic is my favorite! So fun to see these little guys growing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried to get tickets to Hamilton when we went into the city but guess what? I would have to wait over a year and my husband did not want to do that. I love seeing the boys, especially next to the tree with the amazing red seed pod. I am sorry for your congregation's loss. I am so saddened when I hear about cancer patients who lost their battle.

    ReplyDelete