I'm awake early and searching my shelves and the internet and my mind for moon themed books and poems and memories.
I find . . .
Five picture books -
- Mama, Let's Make a Moon by Clay Rice with its delightful silhouette illustrations,
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Owl Moon by Jane Yolen (I discovered I have two copies. Time to gift one of them.)
- Two favorites from my daughter's childhood - The Birthday Moon by Lois Duncan and Eric Carle's Papa, please get the moon for me
A YouTube video (Weston Woods) of a favorite book I can't find on my bookshelf, Happy Birthday, Moon by Frank Asch (It's just a little over six minutes long.) I wanted to include this one because yesterday was grandson Jack's first birthday!
Two books of poetry-
- One Minute till Bedtime, Ken Nesbitt's delightful anthology filled with moon images and quite a few moon poems
- Firefly July: A Year of Very Short Poems selected by Paul Janeczko and illustrated by Melissa Sweet with wonderful moon poems by Emily Dickinson, Alice Schertle, Bruce Balan, Anne Porter, Herbert Read, Jim Harrison and Ted Kooser
These beautiful words of praise from Psalm 136 -
Give thanks unto God for all things, for His mercy endures forever.