Friday, June 22, 2018

Poetry Friday: "...never again be so green..."

Michelle Kogan is rolling out the green carpet
with this week's round-up of poetic goodness and 
welcoming Margaret Simon's latest book, Bayou Song.
Be sure to stop by for this delightful interview with 
Margaret and to read several poems and
see the illustrations from the book.


After the first day of summer and the longest day of the year, it seems like we should honor summer with a poem. The poem I'm sharing today is new to me, but these lines resonated with me and seemed made to match the photo I took this past week of a luscious shade of green I noticed while hiking with friends.
" . . . The green will never 
again be so green, . . . "

You can read the entire poem, "More Than Enough" by Marge Piercy at the Poetry Foundation along with other summer poems.

6 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful celebration of glorious summer, I agree, Ramona. Love "Season of /joy for the bee." They are certainly buzzing here! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhh the green. My daughter, who is a painter and I comment on the green constantly when we go out these days. It's my favorite, life affirming color. I do love a good palette of green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the poem feels when you read it out loud. In some ways it feels lush too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the poem with which to greet summer, Ramona, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous poem Ramona, you can just feel the lusciousness of that lily in this line, "The first lily of June opens its red mouth, and it spirals through effortlessly painting a vivid picture of summer!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!


    We tried Shoretel Support Partner

    ReplyDelete