|Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" |
to the Tuesday Slice of Life sponsored by
Oh well, thank goodness I have AAA. Recalling an experience from last spring, I know I will wait awhile for my rescuer. That's okay. There are plenty of books in the car, and I'll just pop open the trunk and sit there while I wait. No . . . I won't be popping open the trunk because I don't have my keys! At 1:11 I call AAA and wait on hold for six minutes as I watch the power level on my phone drop ever lower. When they finally answer, I'm told there are still 22 people on hold after me. It is now 1:17, but someone will arrive by 2:02 p.m. They inform me that I will receive a call from the dispatcher. I remind them that my phone battery is low, so please come even if I don't answer. At 1:38 the phone call from the dispatcher comes through, and at 1:57 my knight in dark tattoos arrives!
1. I had my writer's notebook and pen.
2. I challenged myself and actually recalled 16 of the 20
poets from the list.
3. I started writing this slice.
4. I worked on my "to do" lists.
5. I was in a covered garage on a pleasant afternoon.
6. I sat on the blue bin when I got tired of standing
(with a few breaks to shake out the patterned designs
on my backside).
1. Lock the car with keys and clicker in hand.
2. Keep my phone charged.
3. Stash an energy bar in my purse.