Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lifted Up! SOL 2013: 28 of 31

For the month of March we are challenging ourselves to write a slice every day. 

Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers.  



Linda's and Elsie's posts about trees sent me scrambling back to my list of possible slices from earlier this month.  I thought I had listed a possible tree post as Trees in My Life.  A quick scan reveals it's not there, but then I see the words "Lifted Up."  These words are the title of an original piece of art that hangs in our home.

I love it when artists title their pieces.  And especially when a title captures so eloquently how I feel about trees.  I love them in the springtime, I love them in the fall, I've even learned to love their naked beauty in the winter (when I see more lake views on my way to work), and I certainly love them in the summer when life slows down a bit so that I can sit under a tree and read.  I've decided that favorite trees in my life each deserve a dedicated post, but no time for that today.  Here are a few favorite springtime tree photos with a promise for more tree posts to come.




9 comments:

  1. You crack me up! (I don't think dementia is taking over).
    Your trees are gorgeous! Are those current pictures or from a previous spring? We don't even have a hint of blossoms yet. :-(
    Trees do fascinate me, especially in winter when you can see the structure. Stay tuned, I have another tree post before the month is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie, these were all taken other years, but the bottom one is the tree outside my classroom window and it looks just like this right now. The top one, at our public library, is not quite there yet and the middle one, at my house, will bloom later in April. I love that the blooms are staggered so that the joy lasts longer!

      Delete
  2. My son is really into trees this year. I'm going to show him these pictures while we wait for bare limbs to change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm asking the same thing as Elsie. Are those current blooms? We don't have anything going on either-how gorgeous they are! And I love your painting-truly exquisite, & the title is great. Thanks Ramona for the link, & I hope to hear more from you about trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bottom tree looks just the this right now (it's the tree outside my classroom window). The rest are coming along!
      Linda, I just figured out how to link to someone's post with a word. Previously, I've copied the address into the body of my post (like yesterday with Juliann's post, but looking at Elsie's post made me decide to give it a try. So excited to learn something new! :)

      Delete
    2. Sorry -Botttom tree looks just LIKE this right now. Still wish we could edit our comments and replies!

      Delete
  4. I love how you just went with it...and how every slice about trees was so different. And those cherry blossoms make me long. For Spring all the more, Ramona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these beautiful trees! Ours are still gray and bare, so I really appreciate all these signs of spring. Thanks for sharing!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures! I see now why you love trees -- you have lovely ones! The artwork is beautiful too, especially with that title. I love titles too!

    ReplyDelete