Sunday, March 31, 2013

We made it! SOL 2013:31 of 31


          Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers.  

                   For the month of March we are challenging ourselves to write a slice every day. 


Inspired by newtreemom's Easter Hymn, I tried my hand at composing a hymn poem;

God Loved Us, So He Sent His Son
I Stand All Amazed
Christ the Lord Is Risen Today

Where Can I Turn for Peace
Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer
I Need Thee Every Hour

Because I Have Been Given Much
There Is Sunshine in my Soul Today
The Lord Is My Light

 

This is my second year to complete the March Slice of Life Challenge.   My students join me in slicing daily, and we work hard to build our writing muscle all month long.  When I finished last March, I wasn't sure that I could continue slicing every Tuesday.  But I did, and this month I celebrated my 100th post!  I could never have achieved this without the encouragement of this amazing community.  Your posts inspire me and your comments encourage me.  With the help of this fantastic community, I've become a writer!  My sincere thanks to everyone who helped make our month a success, and especially to Stacey and Ruth who created this fantastic place for us to come together.  I can honestly say that it takes a village to create a writer and all of you are members of my village, a very special writing community.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you wrote a hymn. Doesn't it make you think about those who wrote the hymns in the hymnals, where were they, how were they going along in life? You are part of that community! And part of ours too, of course. I hope you'll also write more about writing slices with students & how that worked. Cheers for April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely hymn, Ramona...and congratulations of slicing for 31 days. Whew..right?!

    ReplyDelete