Friday, December 19, 2014

Poetry Friday



Welcome to Poetry Friday, a weekly celebration for poets and poetry lovers.  Be sure to get your taste of poetry love today at Buffy's blog.  Thank you, Buffy, for hosting our gathering during this very busy time of year. 

One of my favorite Christmas books is a small anthology of poems, Christmas Blessings, collected by June Cotner.  I'm at the airport waiting to join Blake and Stefi for a few days of their Utah Christmas with Stefi's family.  I wanted to share this poem today before I hop on my flight.  A last minute gate change sent me by Beecher's, and I had to stop for mac and cheese.  Best comfort food ever!


For Christmas

May you have joy
in the mad rush
of preparation:
may you know peace
in the tiny margins
of time around
the busy days;
may you have star-shine
in clear night skies
for looking at:
may you have silence
now and then;
and above all-
beyond all else-
may you have love
to give
and to receive.

- Elizabeth Searle Lamb

Dear blogging friends, I wish you joy, peace, star-shine, silence, and love "...in the tiny margins of time around the busy days..."  Enjoy your well-deserved break!  

5 comments:

  1. And may you have safe travels! Thanks for posting this lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous season. I try to the joy in the mad rush always. Love this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wish at the end, Ramona, "may you have love/to give/and to receive." Happy travels, and a Merry Holiday for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful sentiment in the midst of the rush. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem and a beautiful wish! Back atcha!

    ReplyDelete