Sunday, March 27, 2016

SOLC 2016 27/31: An Acrostic for My OLW

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Tara, Betsy, Dana, Beth, and Anna
for hosting this meeting place each day in March
and for nurturing our writing lives.


quiet word, a 
Believing word, 
Inviting me to
Delight in His gift 
Encircled by His everlasting love.

I visit my OLW each 5th Tuesday throughout the year.  But I decided today that it's a perfect word for Easter Sunday.  This word lodged in my heart and claimed me for 2016, but I'm still trying to discover what it means for me this year.  I spoke briefly about abiding in my field in January.  

Today I'm thinking about abiding in faith.  I love the story of Zacchaeus who climbs up in a tree to see Jesus because he's so short.  And then Jesus looks up into the tree, sees him and says, "Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for today I must abide at thy house.  And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully."

Am I ready so that Jesus abides with me?   Do I delight in His word and receive Him joyfully in my home ?  Or do the cares of the world interfere with my ability to receive His gift so freely given, to cherish His words and to spend time in prayer?  I yearn to abide in faith, to count myself with Zacchaeus and others who made haste and received the Savior joyfully.    

6 comments:

  1. It's a lovely way to consider what your OLW means to you, Ramona. Just the thoughtful ness here must give you comfort on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great day to reflect on you OLW! Enjoy this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Ramona. Your word isn't "one little word." It is the essence of life. Like your acrostic. I will be stopping by on 5th Tuesdays if I can remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your post ends with questions. I have found that our questions often bring us closer to God, more so than our answers. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect day to revisit your OLW and I like the connections you've included. I've been wanting to share my OLW so thank you for the inspiration. I think I will use an acrostic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect word for today. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete