Three new learnings, one wish and one celebration for this week:
1. I learned that I need to make a "to do list"
2. I learned that given the choice, I'd rather talk than text. I'm of a certain generation that grew up talking on the telephone. If I realize that a friend and I are texting each other at the same time, I'll call. I like hearing voices!
3. I learned how to use Zoom for Story Time with the grandsons. It's easy to hold the book up to the computer screen and no one has to hold the phone to film. It does require the librarian's skill of reading a book while holding it in front of an audience, or in this case, the computer screen.
(I also learned how to use conferences in Schoology in preparation for gathering our middle school book club next week.)
4. I wish that I could figure out the titles on the bookshelves behind people when they film/work from home. Anyone else more interested in what's on the bookshelf instead of the person speaking?
5. I celebrate making a box of nine chocolates (in a 3 inch square box) last for fifteen days!
My last in-store visit to the bookstore was on Friday, March 14th. It's amazing what you can do when you're sheltering in place and your chocolates are numbered. I don't dare check to see if the bookstore has any in stock because even though their brick and mortar store is shuttered, they're still making local deliveries and I