Monday, March 9, 2020

SOL 9/31: Birthday Pie!

Returning for year nine of writing daily in March with my Slice of Life writer friends! Check out Two Writing Teachers for more slices of life occurring every day in March.
 
We head out the door at 3:15 because we know a certain young man is watching and waiting for our arrival. Traffic is better than usual because more people are staying home due to coronavirus. 


After opening presents (you really can't delay that for long with a three year old in the house), we head out for a walk. Jack stops at Miss Betty's rock garden to look at the daffodils. Miss Betty comes out to chat and offers to take a pic of everyone together.


We get a phone call that dinner is ready and on the table. We deposit the three year old into the until-now-empty-seat in the double stroller so we can pick up the pace. Grandpa delights everyone with his silly steering which includes twirly roundabouts from the pretend wind blowing us off course.

Dinner is a family favorite - pork tostadas with colorful purple slaw.  We play a bit after dinner and then it's time to gather for birthday pie and ice cream. (We're a little sad that coronavirus has snatched daughter and son-in-law's traditional pi-day party away for this year.) Grandma's constant snapping of pics results in some definite keepers. Our three year old is amazed! For his Dad's birthday, we use Jack's #3 candle from January's birthday and three more single candles to commemorate this special year when he is 3 and Dad is 33!
(I just realized that our celebratory pics have no evidence of daughter's presence. She was there! I thought once about sending her over to stand with her boys. I should have.)

10 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love these photos. And birthday pie sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such as sweet sol. I can imagine the pretend wind pushing that stroller all over the place as you hurried your pace home for the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday, looks like your grandson had a really great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia, I've tried to find you on Slice of Life, but no luck. Do you use another name for your comments there?

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to the young fellow! I don't understand how they grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Jack couldn't be cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ramona! I love this post so much! I felt invited to this party. The series of photos makes it so wonderfully inviting. And I put my imagination to work for the twirly roundabout. How delightful. You have a beautiful family, and the birthday pie warmed my heart. I really enjoyed this SOL. It is a reminder of how special our families really are. Thank you so much for sharing! ~Carla Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, they are growing so fast! And birthday pie is what we have at our house too! What a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of birthday wishes and I love those yummy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe your guy is already three! It seems like he was just born! Looks like he had a spectacular day! His grandma and grandpa look like they are big fun!

    ReplyDelete