Wednesday, March 20, 2019

SOL 20/31: Spring Salutations!


I can't help myself. Even though spring salutations are ubiquitous today. I must add mine! Usually our earliest salute to spring, the daffodils, arrive in late February. But due to a colder (and snowier than usual February), our daffodils were delayed a bit. I was delighted to notice my first daffodils blooming in a single clump by the side of the road last week. That was followed by daffodils discovered on Sunday's walk with friends. Then I noticed my neighbor's daffodils blooming. Yesterday, our record-breaking warm day ushered in daffodil opening ceremonies at my house. There is no finer color combination than yellow and green!

6 comments:

  1. Your neighborhood is celebrating spring in style with nature's daffodils. My-my, your daffodils have popped while mine are still in the the stem stage but I am on the lookout, Ramona. Your photo spread has certainly perked up my interest in opening days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Daffodils! Those are gorgeous! I am green with envy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are close! I love the celebration in this slice and the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite flowers too!

    "Daffodils"

    They put on
    a little show
    simply by being
    so yellow.

    Their stems
    darkly green
    against the
    faded brown barn.

    Ralph Fletcher
    from Ordinary Things: Poems from a Walk in Early Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Carol, what a lovely poem. I thought about looking for a poem to go with my post, but ran out of time. And you found the perfect one to celebrate the yellow and green. And you added it to my post! Hearing Ralph Fletcher speak is on my bucket list. I keep going to his site hoping for an author appearance in my area.

      Delete