Tuesday, March 12, 2019

SOL 12/31: My Lucky Streak (Part 3)!

In a period of about thirteen hours, I've been three times lucky (and yes, I do love Sheila Turnage's book, Three Times Lucky, but I digress)! In the spirit of writing about small moments, I'll start with the most recent piece of luck for today's slice. 

Because I'm retired and today is a later day for watching grandson Jack, I have the luxury of adjusting slowly to our time change. I had set my alarm for 7:30, but woke up a bit before seven. Isn't that lovely? To wake up, on your own, before the alarm clock (who am I kidding, it's not an alarm clock, it's my phone).

I stretched a bit, luxuriating in the idea that there was no need to pop right out of bed and begin my morning rituals. I rolled over and picked up my phone, and saw this email in my inbox: Announcing the Winner of the 1st 2019 SOLSC Mid-Month Commenting Challenge. I clicked on it, and then clicked on "read more of this post," and then scrolled down a bit before seeing my name in bold print as the winner of the challenge. I was pumped! My mind immediately began thinking of how I would share this prize since I'm retired and no longer in the classroom.

I'll keep you posted on those plans, but can I just say that the best prize of all was reading and meeting bloggers new-to-me during this challenge. And no, I didn't read just new-to-me bloggers, I also visited some of my tried-and-true friends during this challenge. One of my problems with completing a commenting challenge is that I tend to get distracted easily (that's no surprise to those who know me). A new-to-me blogger means that I want go back and read previous posts. Sometimes I did just that and other times, I chanted the words, "Stay focused!"  

Today I'm delighted that I was able to stay focused long enough to comment on sixty posts. And those other two events that are part of my "three times lucky" streak? Well, you'll just have to come back for the rest of the story.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ramona! What a prize for you! Now I'm wondering what else has happened. Way to leave us hanging. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ramona! Love this line: "My mind immediately began thinking of how I would share this prize..." This shows the mind of an educator, someone wants to share... Everyone loves a lucky streak! Hope it keeps going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are very deserving of this prize. I am sure others have appreciated your comments just as I have! Can't wait to hear about your other lucky adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joyful post! I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, Paul Harvey, we’ll be back for the rest of the story!
    Congrats on the prize... you’ve always been an award-winning commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being the comment weekend warrior! I love how you withhold the rest of your lucky streak for future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Ramona! So deserving! I love hearing about your celebration of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ramona, You are such a giver! I am thrilled that you won. Anyone reading these comments should know that you brought home baked goodies to share with all you saw at NCTE...a first in my life. And commenting on 60 posts! I am thrilled to Skype with whomever you choose. Hug! a.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting for the Grandma News! I read your celebrations news and your fortitude to read through 60 slices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm knew to your posts, right away, I like your easy style of writing, it flows and carries me. Congrats on winning! 60 comments? that's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sixty posts!!!! I think I'm having a really good day when I comment on ten or fifteen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for prizes! I always love reaching the comment goal too. It's fun to visit new blogs. I love Carol's word for reading and commenting on 60 slices: fortitude! It's really kind of you to think about how you will share your prize too.

    ReplyDelete