Thursday, March 21, 2019

SOL 21/31: Come Meander with Me!


5:30 on a Thursday morning. It's not a Jack day (meaning I don't spend the day with grandson Jack). Maybe I'll just look at a few slices and sneak in a quick snooze. From 5:30 to 6:04 I stroll.

Then I open my already created slice for 21/31. This "plantser" is so grateful that I navigated a bit to the "planner" side this year and created my daily drafts before March marched in. No words in these drafts, just the # of my slice inserted in the title spot and the Slice of Life graphic put in place.

But I digress, back to my meandering. When I checked TWT's post last night, there were five posts. I refresh the page.  The count is up to 54. Could I be number 55? No way, I haven't even written yet. But as I write this, I wonder . . . maybe 66? I do love repeating numbers. (Update - I ended up being slicer #84.)

I click on one of the windows I left open and realize that today's slice received its impetus from Terje's post that I read just before bed last night. Funny about our subconscious mind and how it works while we sleep.

I give in to the lure of spring and click on arjeha's post, a lovely slice with photos of ice-custard-happiness! And it's at his blog that I rediscover the bell turned sideways at the right-hand side of Wordpress blogs. Click on it and you'll see all the folks who liked your comments and even better, the comments that some folks leave for you. And that becomes another rabbit hole that I follow for a bit!

Dani Burtsfield's comment on Chaperone on Duty lets me know that she hasn't made it to Seattle yet. I would love to meet up with her while she's here, but something tells me that she has a rather tight schedule.

Paula Bourque (aka Litcoachlady) wants to know if I'll share the padlet I've created. We'll see . . . I'm the master of half-created projects. And I'm not sure that those folks who don't link their names to their posts want me putting their information on a shared padlet.

Back to my open windows (focus, girl, focus!).  I click on The Meager Modern Mom's difficult, but ultimately hopeful post to remember "this too, shall pass" and realize that I still need to leave a comment. 

I read Teacher Dance's two latest book posts, but don't take the time to leave a comment. Sorry, Linda. I absolutely love your springtime pic of daffodils at the top of the blog and the quote! 

I click on my post from yesterday to check for any new comments and see that Colorado Carol (that helps me distinguish her from Carol Varsalona, NY Carol) has left a delightful Ralph Fletcher poem about daffodils in the comments. Thank you, Carol!

I reread Fran's post, What delighted you today? and dash off to create a padlet, Words that Delight. Why do my best ideas come near the end of this month of slicing?

And in answer to Fran's question, what delighted you today? 
I share this pic from yesterday, first camellia bloom of the season!

No more meandering and no time for a quick snooze! I'm off to face the day. A walk with a friend, a massage, a grandma bag that still needs to be packed (yes, I still haven't done that), and some much needed organizing time at my very cluttered desk. Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. I also love the word "meander!" And I love the descriptions of the posts you've been reading, and the things you are doing. I wish I had the time to do many of those same things, but alas, I am still a working girl and have other priorities which demand my time. I'm on spring break right now, which is why I have time to be reading your blog in the middle of the day, but now I must go and pay some attention to my severely neglected housework. But some day.... :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand this "bird walk" approach to SOL, particularly in March. I love reading posts from "long time" bloggers as well as the new ones and the time FLIES. I'm trying to use my commute time on the train and boy is the ride flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to meander because you never know where you may end up. Meeting up with old friends and getting to know new ones is what makes the SOLSC such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, yes, what a wonderful word meander is. I love how your post meandered from slice to slice and ended on the photo of the vibrant first bloom. Like a carefree walk in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meander is a great work! I don't use it far enough... I love how you demonstrated this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time flies fast when reading slices. The thoughts start flying around too.

    ReplyDelete