Monday, March 19, 2012

A foggy morning at the beach!

 SOLSC  #18 - Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers.  For the month of March, I've joined the challenge to post a slice of life daily.

This slice steps back in time, triggered by a fellow blogger's slice posted from a beach in Oregon.  We celebrated my 50th birthday at Cannon Beach.  On Sunday morning we headed to Ecola State Park in search of tide pools.  My daughter volunteered at the Seattle Aquarium and loved anything to do with the ocean. We were delighted to discover that we had the beach to ourselves.



So much sea life, so much to celebrate on this foggy, rainy day at the beach.  We spy three figures farther down the beach.  Oh no!  Other humans?  We had hoped to keep this quiet morning on the beach for ourselves.  The figures move closer to us.


We watch, awestruck, as a mother deer leads her twins down the beach.  We stand still as statues, transfixed as they carefully continue their morning walk past us, coming so close to us that we feel we can almost reach out and touch them. We're so still that we almost forget to breathe. 

Truly a moment to always remember!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there to see those deer! Also I love to go to the tide pools, I used to go when I lived in CA, it was so fun!

    -Jillian Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo and what an experience. Glad you were able to stay still and soak it all in.

    ReplyDelete