Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sweet-talk to Spring!


 

SOLSC  #21 - Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers.  For the month of March, I've joined the challenge to post a slice daily.

I was deflated yesterday when I heard the weather forecast.  Current temperature - 47°,  predicted high for the day - 48°.  I told my students that perhaps we needed to say goodbye to winter before spring could come.  We're used to cooler weather, but this is ludicrous!  A full 10 degrees below normal.  So I composed a poem to coax spring into arriving in the Northwest.  I've been interested in the three word posts people have been doing, so here's my attempt at a poem composed of three word lines.




 Sweet-talk to Spring

No more snow!  
No more teasing, 
No more hiding.
Want some sun,
Want some warmth.
We are ready.
Pretty Please, Spring!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting you are ten degrees below normal, we are twenty degrees above normal. I hope your clever poem will bring the warmth of sun shining your way. You did ask in a very nice way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet poem...I know that you will get your wish soon...I hope our wonderful spring won't go back to the 'Lion' in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second your request, but in our case, it is because of the summer-like weather. Where did spring go??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending you warm vibes from Honolulu!

    ReplyDelete