Friday, March 2, 2012

But Wait, There's More!

SOLSC #2

Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers.  For the month of March, I've joined the challenge to post a slice of life daily.  
 
Yesterday we completed the Educational Effectiveness Survey during our faculty meeting. Here's one of the statements."Our staff can count on one another for help when needed." No hesitation on that one as I filled in the Almost Always True bubble, But I wanted an opportunity to share more, to give a written response.
"Our staff can count on one another for help."  Yep, I definitely need the Always True bubble.
And here's a thumbnail view of the rest of the story.
How about the time(s) . . .
when Deborah mentored me far past the one year assigned time period?
when Kathy helped me create a map of the Silk Road that I still use in my classroom?
when Karen and I collaborate to create student friendly learning targets for our Social Studies units?
when Bruce shares his latest rubric or form to make our work easier?
when Alice and I manage to squeeze in a few moments to share teaching ideas and good reads during our overbooked planning    period?
when Danae spends her precious weekend time helping me customize her rubric and handouts for my upcoming observation?
when Linda cruises by with her rollerbag at 6 p.m chanting, "Go home, Behnke," to remind both of us that we should have lives outside of these walls?
I'm lucky to work in an environment where we can count on each other!

2 comments:

  1. Love your post. I had seriously considered a list of things I am grateful for as my post today - but that will have to wait for another day. You are so fortunate to be surrounded by such a supportive and caring staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! I definitely have to create a gratitude post sometime this March!

    ReplyDelete