Saturday, March 24, 2012

Friday Beauty and Saturday Chores


SOLSC  #24 - Slice of Life is sponsored every Tuesday by Stacey and Ruth from Two Writing Teachers.  For the month of March, I've joined the challenge to post a slice of life daily. 

 I pulled out of the parking lot two hours later than my planned departure time.  I looped back, grabbed my phone, and snapped a few pictures of the cherry tree just ouside our classroom window.  I think the part I love the best is the blue sky in the background.  It's rare for us to have sunshine, but today marks our third day in a row.  Maybe the goodbye winter posts that some of my students wrote this week did the trick. 

Today I simply must finish my "goodbye winter chores" . . .
take down the white lights on the deck,
move the Christmas books back into the Christmas closet,
pack up the snowmen who adorn my mantle for Jan. & Feb. (& even March this year),
and wash the snowflakes off the classroom window (love the spring reflection)!

Now with such a public commitment, it's time to get busy!


5 comments:

  1. You really are going to put away the Christmas decorations that are lingering! The scene out your window looks like my backyard. Don't you love the flowering trees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please melt those snowflakes! :-) The flowering tree is gorgeous. If that's what kids have to look at, there might be a lot of mind wandering. I know mine would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cherry tree. Wishing you a productive day. Declaring things publicly really can help us make the commitment sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the picture of the cherry tree. I took one of apple trees this morning. I may slice about it tomorrow. I had to laugh about the snowflakes and Christmas decorations. I sometimes leave my Christmas tree up until Valentine's Day. Haha Now I'm ready to think spring. Happy Cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that visual of the snowflake against the cherry blossom is so arresting!

    ReplyDelete