Sunday, April 22, 2018

Celebrate this Week & NPM 2018!

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.

Each week I join Ruth Ayres and a few friends
to celebrate the week and to focus
on the positive things that happened in the past week.

Jack at Island Books story hour
with Nancy Stewart (and Grandpa)
 Our first grandparents' meeting at the library, 
led by Nancy Stewart of Sing With Our Kids -
"We are the keepers of traditions, songs,
language, stories, and indulgence."
Karen's birthday celebration on Vashon Island -
check out the huge tulips!
Grandson Teddy and son Blake at the library

Oklahoma trip
Nothing beats spending time with family. My brother lives here and this is my first visit in almost two years. I love that my nephew James brought his two kids, Leah and Asher, for a quick visit.  After church we enjoyed a delicious Sunday dinner of roast, gravy, carrots, potatoes, and rolls. Thanks, Kathy! Lucky me -
I still have two more days to spend with family!
James with Leah and Asher 
Aunt Kara reads a bedtime story
to Asher and Leah.

Check out "Earth Day" by Jane Yolen
in honor of Earth Day.

National Poetry Month 2018
"Give praise with friends near and far,
flinging words to the sky!"
- Amy Ludwig VanDerwater

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's lovely that you have that visit with family! I saw it before, and love that pic of Jack at the library!

    ReplyDelete