Monday, April 30, 2018

NPM 2018: A Sabbath Acrostic!


National Poetry Month 2018
"Give praise with friends near and far,
flinging words to the sky!"
- Amy Ludwig VanDerwater

Day one of 
Every week brings
Light and
Inspiration as I 
Give my
Heart again 
To Him.

-Ramona Behnke, © April 2018

Sunday is one of my favorite days of the week. Last week, I attended church in Oklahoma with my brother and his family. I was filled with delight to be in the congregation where I grew up and to watch my nephew James with his children, Leah and Asher,  in the pew in front of me. My niece, Kara, taught the ladies' class. I celebrate being with family last week. I celebrate that today I was able to worship with my church family in Washington. And always I love the joy  that comes from worshipping and receiving light each week as I attend church. I wrote this "delight" (my OLW for this year) acrostic to celebrate the joy I feel each Sabbath day.

1 comment:

  1. Your family visit sounds like a very good one, and how nice to be back in the church where you grew up. Lovely to see your poem, too.

    ReplyDelete