Sunday, April 8, 2018

NPM 2018: A Golden Shovel Poem, Sabbath Musings

National Poetry Month 2018
"Give praise with friends near and far,
flinging words to the sky!"
- Amy Ludwig VanDerwater


Ever since I read Nikki Grimes book, One Last Word, I've been intrigued by the golden shovel poem. And this month, Mary Lee Hahn is writing a golden shovel poem every day from the quotes provided by her 30 students. So I decided that it was time to try my hand at a golden shovel poem. I chose a favorite line from Wendell Berry's poem, "The Peace of Wild Things."
"I come into the presence of still water."

Sabbath Musings

Each Sunday morning, I
celebrate the opportunity to come 
before His presence with singing, to enter into
His gates with thanksgiving, to embrace the 
fellowship of saints whose presence
and love inspire me to continue the walk of 
faith as I seek to calm the worldly tumult, to be still.
 Ever grateful for His living water.

-  Ramona Behnke, 2018

2 comments:

  1. I live the line you chose and the message you created from it. This is my Sunday morning,too. This morning our Bible study group focused on the 23rd Psalm and our pastor’s sermon from Romans on redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, Ramona. I'm glad you gave it a try. I like "as I seek to calm the worldly tumult". FYI, I am getting the 1st comment too, not a trusted site!

    ReplyDelete