Wednesday, March 10, 2021

SOL 10/31: Ten Early Morning Musings

Sharing ten murky meanderings in search of today's slice:

1. If I'm waking at 3 am, then it must be March Slice of Life (a time of year that wreaks havoc on my sleep patterns).

2. If I read a few slices and don't start commenting, then I can go back to sleep.

3. If I look at Day 10 from ten years of slicing, I might get an idea for today's slice.

4. If I read a slice that captures a perfect day in my life, then I'm stopped in my tracks with memories of that day.

5. If I could find the words I scrawled somewhere just before bed, then I could write about yesterday's perfection.

6. If I had brought my Slice of Life notebook upstairs, then the words would be exactly where they should be.

7. If I had noticed the paper pinned to my bulletin board earlier in the day, then I might have nominated a different book to our ballot for next year's book club list.

8. If I get Deacon King Kong back from my daughter, then I might get it read in time to join Moira's Seattle Times Book Club on April 28th. 

9. If I move a few books around, then I could create a shelf for all of the books I wanted to nominate for our book club's 2021-22 ballot.

10. If I tear off the sticky note to self about Friday night's book club gathering (after recording it in my planner), then EUREKA, I find the seed of an idea that I scrawled just before turning out the light Tuesday evening. 

I'm saving that seed for another day, posting this slice, and going back to sleep.

6 comments:

  1. I loved this post! What a great idea for a slice of life! I am amazed you have been participating for 10 years. Was that when it all started? I can totally understand writing thoughts on a slip of paper - and then not being able to find it when you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Ramona! I'm so glad you started writing all of those years ago.
    xo,
    ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3a.m.? If Ramona opens her blog, then she writes an engaging post. I like what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with what your brain is able to do at 3 am. A fun little post that almost reminds me of the book "If You Give A Mouse a Cookie"!
    Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what the idea you snagged off the sticky note is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This list is so endearing! May you get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list! Your brain is so much like mine that it's scary!

    ReplyDelete