Monday, March 11, 2024

SOL 11/31: Dinner and a Bookstore

When I arranged to meet Mimi one evening during Roots Tech, I asked if we could do dinner and a bookstore. Dinner was delicious, but the high point of the evening was definitely the stop at Weller Book Works, a bookshop established in 1929 with rare, used, and new books.  When my friend picked me up for dinner, she mentioned that The King's English Bookshop (our first choice) closed at 6 pm. 

Weller Book Works was a wonderful place to amble and suggest books to each other. I love going to bookstores with fellow bibliophiles. Just wandering the aisles is a great way to share books you've loved. One book she recommended was Wallace the Brave by Will Henry, for fans of Calvin and Hobbes and classic comics from the past. We didn't see it, so I recorded it in the Notes on my phone. I snapped pics of several other books to remind me to request them from the library. I'm not sure if they were all recommended by Mimi or if they just appealed to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mimi is the daughter of a friend, but I love seeing her when I'm in Utah. She loves books, is currently writing a young adult novel and shares books on an Instagram account. She's also a member of a long-standing book club. We snapped this pic of us in the bookstore to send to her mom.

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend I can do dinner and bookstore with… well, lunch and a bookstore. She introduced me to a very nice “Indy indie” (only in Indianapolis!) bookstore not long ago when we met for lunch at a restaurant in the same block as the new bookstore. I’ll have to remember pics and a slice if we go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of dinner and a bookstore! I'll have to make some plans like that. I have a few girlfriends who I think would be up for after-dinner browsing. :)

    ReplyDelete