Saturday, March 9, 2024

SOL 9/31: Why I Slice

1. To enjoy friends from all over the world

2. To expand my world view

3. To uncover new poets, authors, books, music, podcasts, and so much more

4. To explore my favorite passions: books, bookstores, libraries, grand kids, cookies, cats, poetry, ... (to name a few)

5. To expose myself to the passions of other people

6. To connect with the world of education

7. To laugh more

8. To be inspired in my writing journey 

9. To bond with online friends

This is my first draft list (I may have tweaked a verb or two), in the order that I thought of them. There are many more reasons why I participate in this community, but I limited myself to nine in honor of this ninth day of March. Heartfelt gratitude to each of you, my fellow slicers! 

This is my thirteenth year to participate in the March Slice of Life. Thank you Two Writing Teachers for creating this challenge and providing the space and support for us year after year. And thanks to this magnificent community for sharing stories with me and encouraging my writing life.

8 comments:

  1. I second these reasons, Ramona. It is a joy to be back in such good company, being inspired by all the good writing and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful reasons to slice! I don't know that I really feel like slicing daily in March, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the connections and friendships and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As only a 2nd year Slicer, I enjoyed seeing the reasons why you write and have returned year after year. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great list. Many of these reasons are why I slice. I'd like to write my list of why I slice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous reasons to participate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is inspiring. I can answer how I was led to this community (Chris Margocs of Horizon 51), but why do I continue? This is my fourth year and is something I look forward to every year. I have something to think about (and perhaps write about later).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I have never thought to list the reasons. I just think about how good for my writing brain this challenge is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it was wasn't for this community, we would have never connected! Those connections are simple treasures!

    ReplyDelete