Sunday, March 10, 2024

SOL 10/31: Seattle Getaway

Day1: Smooth plane ride bodes well for my first trip back to Seattle after moving to NC

Day 2: Covid exposure 

Day 3: Friend and I visit Island Books, Terra Bella, & her local library where I score a copy of The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store (928 holds on 206 copies) from the Ready Reads shelf!

Day 4: Power outage at friend's place (and she's not there), but reachable by phone with sure knowledge of location of two flashlights 

Day 5: Return ride to friend's place forgets me after Sunday morning service. No worries, my host comes to the rescue! 

Tomorrow will be better, right?

This is my thirteenth year to participate in the March Slice of Life. Thank you Two Writing Teachers for creating this challenge and providing the space and support for us year after year. And thanks to this magnificent community for sharing stories with me and encouraging my writing life.

1 comment:

  1. I've been so eager to get my hands on that book, too!!! My public library has 30+ holds, so it'll be awhile. Happy reading, and also happy health (hope nothing develops from COVID exposure)!

    ReplyDelete