Thursday, March 7, 2024

SOL 7/31 and SJT: Gathering Goodness

I'm hosting our Spiritual Journey Thursday this week. My OLW for 2024 is gather. I chose gathering goodness as my theme for this month's SJT post

I gather goodness when I allow myself to revel in the beauty of the natural world. Here are just a few photos I've taken recently that remind me that God is good and the world in which we live speaks of that goodness.

Early springtime in North Carolina (pics taken in February)

I especially enjoyed 5 inches of snow while visiting Utah since we haven't had any snow this winter in North Carolina. It's a beautiful way to clothe our world in white!

Spending time with family and friends is another way to gather goodness. My Utah visit included time with these grands.

 

 Here are the grand boys who live near us in North Carolina 
with their mom (our daughter), Sara.

I attended the Roots Tech conference in Salt Lake City where I 
marinated in the goodness of family history and genealogical research 
and enjoyed meeting other attendees.
 
 
 
I managed to connect with three different friends while attending Roots Tech. 
Life is good, especially when shared with a friend.

These two photos were taken from the plane on Wednesday. More snaps of God's glorious world. Mount Rainier and Mercer Island, where I used to live. This is my first visit back since our move last summer. 
I like to listen to inspiring podcasts. Here are a few favorites: 
Everything Happens with Kate Bowler
Kelly Corrigan Wonders
Magnify
The Next Right Thing 

I'm currently reading Good Enough:40ish Devotionals for a Life of Imperfection by Kate Bowler and Jessica Richie. According to my schedule, I should be on Chapter 22 today. Instead, I'm on Chapter 19. That's okay! 
If I don't finish the book by Easter, I count my ongoing effort as good enough.
I'm embracing imperfection and moving forward 
although my pace may be somewhat slower than I had planned.
 
How do you gather goodness? 
 
It's Spiritual Journey Thursday, an open gathering for bloggers who write monthly about our spiritual journeys. I am hosting this month with the theme of Gathering Goodness SJT friends, click here to add your link.

17 comments:

  1. Ramona,
    There’s lots of goodness in your post, and I know for you snow is one, but you do remember how boorish the white stuff is come March, right? Well winter is smelling like three-day-old fish up here in Idaho. Love seeing the grands. Love the spring photos. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much goodness in your life. Intentionally gathering goodness somehow amplifies it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leading us to find the ever present goodness in our lives. I love all the pictures celebrating yours. I have an acrostic poem about azaleas and my one little word, PEACE. https://reflectionsontheteche.com/2024/03/07/spiritual-journey-gathering-goodness/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramona, I believe you have to go to the HTML view at the far left under the pencil when you are drafting your post. Switch to that and paste the link, and then switch back to compose view and it should work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the many beautiful photos of goodness, and for hosting today, Ramona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much goodness here. I love the photos plants, family and friends - a perfect collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ramona, it is clear to see that goodness abounds in your life. Thank you for hosting this month. Friends and family remind us of the good things in our lives. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ramona, your post exudes the joy of gathering goodness in people and places. And I love that there is also a "good enough" focus in reading -instead of getting overwhelmed by feelings of being behind. Like a deep inhale and an exhale of gratitude. Thank you for hosting us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing such a rich collection of gathered goodness. I found myself smiling and enjoying the places I have never been while reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved putting a face with your posts. Loved all the pix.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how big your grandkids are getting! Your spring is so much ahead of ours, but I know that God's goodness is coming! Thank you for hosting this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness is everywhere! We just need to see it, feel it! I, like you, find it in all
    That nature has to offer and of course the people that bless my days! Love positivity throughout this slice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ramona, your blog post brought me such marvelous feelings that I can truly say your goodness traveled to me. This week has been a time of moving from a winter illness to a step toward the freshness of springtime air. Here is a line that made me smile: "I'm embracing imperfection and moving forward although my
    pace may be somewhat slower than I had planned." What a wonderful reflection about what you believe and how you feel. Goodness is topic that I have been exploring through your eyes. May you continue to grow in grace, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. God is good. Thank goodness. The photos of you and the grands are absolutely precious. That is goodness. Thank you for hosting. I really didn't think I had a post in me...but I did! It kinda surprised me which is good too. https://awordedgewiselindamitchell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the gatherings form spring moments, remnants of winter, family and new learnings! I may need to pick your brain about Roots Tech.
    I am combining by SJT and PF. https://www.jonerushmacculloch.com/blog/sjt-and-poetry-friday-week-10-the-gathering-of-young-poets
    Thank you for the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post made me smile. I love seeing so many pics of you and of your adorable grands. I've been reading other slices about "gathering goodness," so I'm glad to have found my way to the source! I commented elsewhere that I build a kind of "gratitude tracker" into my bullet journal so that I'm reminded to make note of things I'm grateful for on a regular basis. I look forward to reviewing those notes at the end of each month. They are nice reminders of the goodness in my day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for all this goodness! I'm finally coming back to read it since I'm on break from school right now. Ruth, thereisnosuchthingasagodforsakentown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete