Wednesday, March 6, 2024

SOL 6/31: Haiku for a Small Delight

Sometimes it's the little things that kick-start your day and lead to delight. 

Ample restroom stall
accommodates bags AND me
with room to spare. Bliss! 
 
Kudos to the Salt Lake airport for this early morning buzz. And when I landed in Seattle, a smaller accommodation, but at least the door opened outward. I like looking for things that make me happy!

This is my thirteenth year to participate in the March Slice of Life. Thank you Two Writing Teachers for creating this challenge and providing the space and support for us year after year. And thanks to this magnificent community for sharing stories with me and encouraging my writing life.

4 comments:

  1. Ramona, have a great trip! It is great to look for small pleasures when you are on a traveling excursion. I can relate to the usefulness of those over-sized stalls when toting your suitcases. Enjoy all the small happiness markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout out to you for acknowledging that these details make a difference! One would think that airport bathroom stalls would be constructed with space for carry-ons, etc. but it's not a given. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is important to remember the little things. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramona, enjoy your trip . I am glad that you enjoyed the airport accomodations. I like your last line in your haiku. I hope you have more blissful moments.

    ReplyDelete