Monday, March 4, 2024

SOL 4/31: Kitchen Helpers Extraordinaire!

Snapshot in time:

 
 
Grand baking helpers
measure, stir, combine 
dry with liquids,
sprinkle chocolate treasures.
Helping Grandma bake
their favorite bread -
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip!

This is my thirteenth year to participate in the March Slice of Life. Thank you Two Writing Teachers for creating this challenge and providing the space and support for us year after year. And thanks to this magnificent community for sharing stories with me and encouraging my writing life.


8 comments:

  1. What great helpers you have there. I am sure the end result turned out extra delicious because of all the love that went into baking it. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Grand” helpers, indeed! Fun poem and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo - my heart melts. Even though it could be a mess, teaching kids to bake is gifting them a super useful skill to have and creates an amazing way to connect a family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the words "chocolate treasures." What a fun time for all of you. My son loved to help me in the kitchen...my daughter, not so much! And still doesn't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great poetry form to try - thanks for sharing! And what a joyous time together - with a prize at the end! Sounds fun and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful image. I too love baking with the grandkids

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing pics of you with your grands! They are so cute, and you are clearly a wonderful grandmother!

    ReplyDelete